Could you add the umask to /ud/bin/startunirpcd and restart unirpcd?

I'm sure that is not the recommended solution and it might not even work,
but it's worth a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 4:17 PM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: File permissions problem with UniObjects for Java

Charlie Rubeor wrote:
> Off the top of my head, the default permissions and umask are
> 666 and 022, respectively.  Subtracting the two gives you 644 or
> -rw-r--r--, which is what the UOJ code gave you.
> When you telnet, the .profile usually sets the
> umask to 002.  Subtracting 002 from 666 gives you -rw-rw-r--,
> which is what you got when you logged in.
> So, without knowing the UOJ code, can you add "umask 002" or "umask
> ug=rw,o=r"

This isn't something that you'd set in Java code.  It's something that's
happening when UniObjects for Java connects to UniData and gets what is
basically a colon-prompt session.  There's an environment, but it's not the
same as you get when you telnet in and your .profile executes.

Does anyone know how UOJ "logs in" to the system?  I know it connects to the
unirpc daemon on 31438, but I don't know how that differs from a normal user
login.  I'm still not sure where the weird permissions are coming from, but
I think that's going to be OS specific.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.