If you wanted a paragraph to do that, try:

PA
DELETE.FILE <<C2,Filename>>
DATA "Y"

or a proc as:

PQ
HDELETE.FILE
A 2
STON
HY<

At 03:38 PM 03/10/2004, you wrote:
I should have mentioned - this is on windows. And the issue is that the VOC might be PIX.OUTPUT.701 but the operating system file is PIX.OUT000 or PIX.OUT022 because it was created LONGNAMES OFF
-Dianne

Karl L Pearson wrote:

You may consider rolling your own on this one. If on Unix, you might
have a script that does this:

#!/usr/bin/ksh
# Remove TEMP files
if [ "$1" = '' ] ; then
  echo "usage: $0 FILENAME(s) (separated by a space or LF)
  exit 1
fi

for i in $1
 do
   echo Removing $i
   cd $UVACCOUNT ; # Change this to the account or prompt for it
   rm -r $i
   rm -r D_$i
   uv "DELETE VOC "$i
done

There may need a couple of other things added, especially if you have
security options in the account, but TEMP files probably shouldn't be
stored in a production account but rather in a subdirectory/filesystem
somewhere else.

Just my two bits.

Karl