From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dianne Ackerman
Sent: 10 March 2004 20:48
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: Re: [UV] DELETE.FILE verb

Great idea, thank you Karl!
-Dianne

Karl L Pearson wrote:

>The actual names of the files at the OS level are in lines 2 and 3 in
>the VOC 'F'-pointer. So, if you roll your own, you could use mvBASIC
and
>just read REC<2> for the DATA portion and REC<3> for the DICT portion,
>then do
>
>DELETE &UFD& REC<2> REC<3>
>DELETE VOC FNAME
>
>or some such.
>
>Karl
>
>On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 13:38, Dianne Ackerman wrote:
>

>>I should have mentioned - this is on windows.  And the issue is that
the
>>VOC might be PIX.OUTPUT.701 but the operating system file is
PIX.OUT000
>>or PIX.OUT022 because it was created LONGNAMES OFF
>>-Dianne
>>
>>Karl L Pearson wrote:
>>

>>>You may consider rolling your own on this one. If on Unix, you might
>>>have a script that does this:
>>>
>>>#!/usr/bin/ksh
>>># Remove TEMP files
>>>if [ "$1" = '' ] ; then
>>>  echo "usage: $0 FILENAME(s) (separated by a space or LF)
>>>  exit 1
>>>fi
>>>
>>>for i in $1
>>> do
>>>   echo Removing $i
>>>   cd $UVACCOUNT ; # Change this to the account or prompt for it
>>>   rm -r $i
>>>   rm -r D_$i
>>>   uv "DELETE VOC "$i
>>>done
>>>
>>>There may need a couple of other things added, especially if you have
>>>security options in the account, but TEMP files probably shouldn't be
>>>stored in a production account but rather in a
subdirectory/filesystem
>>>somewhere else.
>>>
>>>Just my two bits.
>>>
>>>Karl

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and
confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on
anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way,
or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error
or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information
system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong
Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.