I believe the windows NT versions support 64bit files.

Easiest way to test is simply issue:

CREATE.FILE TESTFILE DYNAMIC 64BIT

If it doesn't complain about the 64BIT keyword, then it supports em...

At 03:46 PM 03/11/2004, you wrote:
There are a lot of hashed files that are 64 bit - what do you to to
convert them?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Wurlod [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 2:55 PM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: Converting UniVerse

Because UniVerse runs in a virtual machine (the "run machine") that is customized to each of the platforms on which it runs, you'd be pleasantly surprised at how little difference switching hardware makes. I've certainly moved suites of programs, which ran without needing to be recompiled (the run machine itself detects byte order). The only problems I would foresee would be (a) 64-bit hashed files are (cannot be) supported on 32-bit platforms, so if you have any of these they will need to be converted to 32-bit, Distributed if too large (b) pathnames, particularly embedded pathnames (of secondary indices If you are using SQL capability, you should use FORMAT.CONV with its -export and -import capabilities. This is the recommended/approved mechanism for moving SQL schemas.