We autofax reports from a HP-UX, UV9.5 box.
We print PCL output to an file, merge a form with it, convert it to G3 TIF, and use
sendfax (part of mgetty+sendfax) to do the sending.

mgetty + sendfax - http://www.leo.org/~doering/mgetty/  (GPL licensed)
We use hp2pbm to convert (hp2hifax is part of it) PCL to G3 TIF the mgetty pages can
tell you where to get it.

It's worked well enough not to redo it in almost 9 years.

rfp

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/16/04 12:40PM >>>
Dear All:

One of my clients, D3, unix Terian Whitebox Pick server (?) would like to have his
system generate roughly 100 faxes per day for invoices and purchase orders.

I would be interested what the off-the-shelf approach would be. He has a US Robotics
Modem connected to a serial port and all of his users are PC's running Accuterm.

One thought is the user-level Blat-like approach whereby the document is downloaded to
the user's PC and that PC has a Fax setup as a printer, blah, blah, blah.

I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Johnson