Will,

I missed what you were trying to do. Still some people here who might be able to help if we knew the question.

At 02:39 PM 03/17/2004, you wrote:
"Good news (I think) From what I learned - the admin user is set up when you
load the operating system .  I was told that if I re-installed my latest
upgrade tape that I could update the user at that time.  I never was able
to find any of this documentation on this - and when I asked IBM, since I
was running 9.5 they conveniently told me that this documentation no longer
existed - go figure."

Okay it sounds like this might be related.
On machine 1 which is called PRIMO the UV_USERS file says the user is OSP\Administrator
While on machine 2 which is called TREGUNDO the UV_USERS file says the user is PRIMO\Administrator.
So I would guess that possibly based on what you said, if I reinstall the upgrade tape on TREGUNDO maybe it will helpfully ask me what the admin user is and I either:
1) I can say TREGUNDO\Administrator or
2) I can say just Adminstrator and it will put the TREGUNDO (domain name) part in front for me.

I did try logging on AS PRIMO\Administrator with the explicit domain name as part of the login and it still didn't work. But at least this other idea is a possibility.

Maybe one of the things the board should ask is for IBM to assign a helpdesk person TO this list :)

Will