Will, I just set up a PE version and found out that who ever is logged in
when you do the update gets assigned.  You are not prompted - it just
assigns it to that domain \ user name.   Hope this helps.

dan

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      Sent by:                 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (U2 Users
Discussion List)
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     cc:

                      ver.com                  Subject:  Re: Setting up SQL step 1

                      03/17/2004 02:39 PM

                      Please respond to U2

                      Users Discussion

                      List

"Good news (I think) From what I learned - the admin user is set up when
you
load the operating system .  I was told that if I re-installed my latest
upgrade tape that I could update the user at that time.  I never was able
to find any of this documentation on this - and when I asked IBM, since I
was running 9.5 they conveniently told me that this documentation no longer
existed - go figure."

Okay it sounds like this might be related.
On machine 1 which is called PRIMO the UV_USERS file says the user is
OSP\Administrator
While on machine 2 which is called TREGUNDO the UV_USERS file says the user
is PRIMO\Administrator.
So I would guess that possibly based on what you said, if I reinstall the
upgrade tape on TREGUNDO maybe it will helpfully ask me what the admin user
is and I either:
1) I can say TREGUNDO\Administrator or
2) I can say just Adminstrator and it will put the TREGUNDO (domain name)
part in front for me.

I did try logging on AS PRIMO\Administrator with the explicit domain name
as part of the login and it still didn't work.  But at least this other
idea is a possibility.

Maybe one of the things the board should ask is for IBM to assign a
helpdesk person TO this list :)

Will

Note: Effective February 2, 2004, Arnold & Porter became a limited
liability partnership with the name Arnold & Porter LLP. Please
change your records accordingly. The addresses, telephone and fax
numbers, and e-mail addresses of the firm and attorneys have not changed.
This communication may contain information that is legally privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Anyone who receives this
message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone or
by return e-mail and delete it from his or her computer.
Daniel Plocinik                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Arnold & Porter LLP                 Telephone:  202-274-7639
555 Twelfth Street, NW              Fax:        202-942-5999
Washington, DC  20004-1202

For more information about Arnold & Porter LLP, click here:
         http://www.arnoldporter.com