From: "Carolina Lizama" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Is there a way to pass some common variable to a Phantom program - which
> will be called using EXECUTE 'PHANTOM XXXX'.
>
> I've even tried named COMMON and it lost its value.

Common exists on a per-user basis.  So, if your phantom initializes it, it
can use it.  But there's no way to pass values stored in common from one
user to another user.

In other languages, you can do it via "shared memory", but to the best of my
knowledge, that's not available in Universe/Unidata at the application
level.  Obviously it exists at the OS and DB level, otherwise LIST.READU and
its brethren would be pretty useless :)