> Is there a way to pass some common variable to a Phantom program - which
> will be called using EXECUTE 'PHANTOM XXXX'.
>
> I've even tried named COMMON and it lost its value.

You could try 'named pipes' to pass the information BUT this is a large
topic. You may need to do some investigation.

It would help if we knew a little more about your requirements. Perhaps
passing the information via a file would be sufficient BUT if speed is
critical then 'named pipes' is the way to go. If it is only necessary to
know the state (ie active|inactive etc.) then you could use the shared
memory locks - try LIST.LOCKS.

Cheers

Trevor Ockenden
OSP