In a message dated 3/29/2004 1:11:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> > Is there a way to pass some common variable to a Phantom
> program - which
> > will be called using EXECUTE 'PHANTOM XXXX'.
> >
> > I've even tried named COMMON and it lost its value.

Yes Carolina.  There are a few ways
1) EXECUTE "PHANTOM XXXX some other stuff interpreted as variables"
2) MYSTUFF = "here are some more arguments"
WRITE MYSTUFF TO FILE, ITEM
EXECUTE "PHANTOM XXXX" (which starts by reading MYSTUFF)
3) disconnected processes
process A writes stuff and moves on
process B at some other disconnected time EXECUTE "PHANTON XXXX" which reads the stuff
writen by process A five minutes or five days ago
4) process A, B, C, D, E, etc write various stuff at various times
process P starts the PHANTOM at boot time and it runs forever.  The phantom
periodically wakes up and looks for something to do, does it, then goes to sleep for a
minute or so.

Will "Phantom" Johnson