In a message dated 3/30/2004 11:02:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> 6. The U2UG web site has U2 fora as the means of communication, something
> which people have been asking for for a long time. The decision to start the
> fora was made when the lists were also available so it was
> then considered
> as something in addition to, not instead of, the lists.

It is possible to setup forums in such a way that:
1) You can respond in the forum OR
2) You can respond via email

I am subscribed to some genealogy lists that work exactly this way.
We get postings via emil (if subscribed) on every post that goes into the forum.
You can respond to the email directly OR you can click a link and go back to the forum
and respond in the forum.
"So there" Will Johnson