Hi Dirk,

I did successfully use gdbm instead of ndbm (not sure whether removing the library
altogether is an option) and the socket library seemed to not be an issue when I went
back to Linux 7.3. It should be in your compiler's libpath.

Ken's right about the licensing issue. My licensed UniData is running on Solaris 8 on
a Sun server, and I'm using the personal version of Linux to experiment. Everything I
have done to date, I have been able to replicate on the Solaris box also.

CALLUB is a callc clone and is available from:
ftp://ftp.cedarville.edu/unidata/unidata/uic.tar

It gives you a couple sample scenarios, but I've gone crazy writing UniBasic server
side scripts. UniData is an excellent backend database.

After compiling the following will get you started:

Create a UniBasic subroutine like the following:

VOC:
BP/_CALLUB

CALLUB:
SUBROUTINE CALLUB(RTN,ARG)
PRINT '<html>'
PRINT '<body><center>'
PRINT '<h1>Hello World</h1>'
PRINT '</center></body>'
PRINT '</html>'

Then put an index.cgi script in your webserver test directory like this:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -U
#
# Set defaults
$default_dir = "/directory_to_UniData_account";
$default_com = "/usr/ud60/bin/callub.udt";
$ENV{'TERM'} = "xterm";
chdir $default_dir;
exec ($default_com);

Tim MacInnes