To my knowledge, no.  Not in Universe anyway.  I *think* (from the docs,
I've never played with it) that UniData has a way to map sub-values to
ODBC/JDBC, but UniVerse does not.  Multivalues work fine, but it doesn't
go any lower than that.

Best answer: don't use sub-values.  They're evil, anyway.

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:48, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thank you, but what is the exact method to do this?
> I have never seen a "view of SVM level data" that actually works.
> Using ODBC or any other tool
> And by "works" I mean that it understands the relationship of the SVM data to the VM
> data and the relationship of that to the AM data and properly processes
> table-in-a-table configurations for editing, etc.
>
> It's one thing to use BY-EXP to understand VM level tables, but can you really use
> some tool to understand SVM embedded data at that second table level?
> Will
>

> In a message dated 4/16/2004 1:03:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>
> > Will,
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is what you're asking but all it does is create a
> > "virtual" view of the data into 1nf tables that Excel (in this case) sees
> > and understands.
> >
> > Note: I have only done this with UniData and D3 and I know UniVerse does it
> > a little differently.
> >
> > --
> > Colin Alfke
> > Calgary, Alberta Canada
> >
> > "Just because something isn't broken doesn't mean that you can't fix it"
> >
> > Stu Pickles

Geoffrey Mitchell                                           314-684-1062
Programmer/Analyst                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Knights Direct