These are scripts ending with .vbs, .js run with either (command line)
cscript.exe or (gui) wscript.exe. On server 2003, i have found that only
privileged users can run these. Used for automated administration of the
server. 2000 may allow it, but i would hope not. These scripts give you a
way to automate, access, and programatically control every aspect of your
windows server including access to networking, modems and printers.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/script56/html/wsproarguments.asp

The best bet is to create a simple executable to connect the modem, use the
new socket abilities of Universe 10.0 to setup a client system locally, and
an always listening server at the remote location and just pipe the data
over. Then the listening program writes the data to a file. kind of a hacked
system but oh well.

> What kind of scripts?  Batch files?  I have a number of processes which
> write out and execute batch files and ordinary users can execute
> them just fine.

Government Service Automation