From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dawn M. Wolthuis
Sent: 23 April 2004 14:50
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How far can U2 scale?

At what point in the life of application software would it be so large that
you could not (or would not want to) support it with your existing UniData
or UniVerse database?

Is there a point where you would be better served by DB2 or Oracle, for
example due to the scale you are working with?

I hear people talk about moving way from U2 in order to do ODBC and use
standard industry tools (and most find that the grass is not greener for
those purposes), but I don't hear about switching because of running into
scaling issues.  However, we sometimes think of PICK as addressing
small-to-mid size businesses and RDBMS folks sometimes think of their
products as scaling the best.

So, what's the cut-off for U2?  Thanks.  --dawn

Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.
www.tincat-group.com

Take and give some delight today.

This email was checked by MessageLabs SkyScan before entering Microgen.

This email was checked on leaving Microgen for viruses, similar
malicious code and inappropriate content by MessageLabs SkyScan.

DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged.

If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information.

In the event of any technical difficulty with this email, please
contact the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microgen Information Management Solutions
http://www.microgen.co.uk