From: Dawn M. Wolthuis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 April 2004 14:50
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How far can U2 scale?

At what point in the life of application software would it be so large that
you could not (or would not want to) support it with your existing UniData
or UniVerse database?

Is there a point where you would be better served by DB2 or Oracle, for
example due to the scale you are working with?

I hear people talk about moving way from U2 in order to do ODBC and use
standard industry tools (and most find that the grass is not greener for
those purposes), but I don't hear about switching because of running into
scaling issues.  However, we sometimes think of PICK as addressing
small-to-mid size businesses and RDBMS folks sometimes think of their
products as scaling the best.

So, what's the cut-off for U2?  Thanks.  --dawn

Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.
www.tincat-group.com

Take and give some delight today.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, you must not copy,
distribute or disclose the contents; please notify the sender immediately and delete
the message.
This message is attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the view of
Travis Perkins plc or its subsidiaries (Travis Perkins). Agreements binding Travis
Perkins may not be concluded by means of e-mail communication.
E-mail transmissions are not secure and Travis Perkins accepts no responsibility for
changes made to this message after it was sent. Whilst steps have been taken to ensure
that this message is virus free, Travis Perkins accepts no liability for infection and
recommends that you scan this e-mail and any attachments.
Part of Travis Perkins plc. Registered Office: Lodge Way House, Lodge Way, Harlestone
Road, Northampton, NN5 7UG.