It probably works out quite nicely NOT to suddenly chuck out users and kill
your running apps when you shutdown UV. It might have the insignificant
side-effect of PREVENTING data data corruption.
Seriously though; it is kinda obvious that you want all running processes to
finish gracefully before stopping UV isn't it?
Stuart

This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have
received this email in error please notify the Spotless IS Support Centre (61 3 9269
7555) immediately who will advise further action.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.