[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

John what is wrong with this approach loop readnext id else done = true until done do list<-1> = id repeat select list to mylist loop readnext id else done = true until done do execute "ed ":file:" ":id repeat

then before, after, between the two loops you can do whatever you wanted to do
Will

That's close to what I did originally. The problem is that ED needs to think that it is reading from a select list for the "X" command to work. If I process the select list outside of ED, ED thinks it is working against a single item and the only way you can exit the middle of a list is with <crtl><C>.

-John