Piping commands is a priority (at least for me) - and it's on our roadmap -
but, unfortunately, is not an easy thing to do.
I think would be good to write, for example: short this with tinyurl and
post it on twitter.

Take a look at https://ubiquity.mozilla.com/trac/ticket/255

2009/2/5 psargaco <[email protected]>

>
> Reading the "The THIS keyword doesnt work" thread (http://
> groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-firefox/browse_thread/thread/
> 1bdc00e30c286001?hl=en#<http://groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-firefox/browse_thread/thread/%0A1bdc00e30c286001?hl=en#>),
> it made me think of one of the concepts I
> gathered from Ubiquity presentation video back in the day. I can't
> exactly put my finger on what was said, or maybe Aza didn't say
> anything of the kind, but for me it makes sense for Ubiquity to have
> the possibility to concatenate commands.
>
> For instance, on the thread I mentioned earlier, the original poster
> was complaining that he wasn't able to have "this" replaced in the
> command "twitter Take a look at this". In reality the solution was as
> simple as selecting the intended URL before calling Ubiquity. But,
> what if I wanted to send a TinyURL instead of the full blown URL?
> Wouldn't that be useful. And there must be loads of other possible
> uses of this kind of command concatenation.
>
> I'm not sure of it could be feasible or even desirable to do this via
> parser. But perhaps a pipes-like mechanism could be used. Or something
> like a clipboard to store the result from the previous command.
>
> Example with pipes:
> tinyurl this|twitter Take a look at ?   // <- ? would be replaced my
> the result of the 1st command
>
> Example with clipboard
> command 1: tinyurl this
> command 2: twitter What a wonderful idea: clipboard // <- clipboard as
> a magic word
> >
>


-- 
Fernando "Takai"
http://flickr.com/photos/supeertakai
http://fernandotakai.jaiku.com

Get Ubiquity: https://ubiquity.mozilla.com

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ubiquity-firefox" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-firefox?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to