Excellent write-up.

I feel UBNT has kind of lost their way in certain areas. I don't understand mFi at all. UBNT-Vision (aircam stuff) is kind of a messstill. ToughSwitch debacle, green cable (tough lesson for us/them to learn), etc.

AF24 is great. AF5 is... can be great in the right situation. EdgeSwitch ... needs alot of cli/gui work, but the features are there. EdgeRouter-lite... amazing performance out of a $99 device. EdgeRouter is 2Mpps and about $80 cheaper than a CCR1009-8G-1S, but it does miss some of the nice mikrotik tools. ER is rumoured to have MPLS and very likely MPLS-TE "soon". USG/US is cool, very meraki-ish. The phones... some of the best I've ever seen hardware wise, but it'll be interesting to see if Enterprise is really ready for Android on the desk...

AirMax-AC shipping now in PtP... very good throughput, needs that DFS and lower band. Real-time airview is amazing. Can't wait for the "full" version with AirPrism tech. TDMA offloading will be very nice for PtMP.

There's some hit and miss for sure. I just wish there was more "hit" and less "miss".

josh reynolds :: chief information officer
spitwspots :: www.spitwspots.com