On Friday 11 July 2008 00:48:57 Brian Fleeger wrote:
> >From: Salane Ashcraft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >Honestly, there is one Canonical person who decides what goes in, and
> >that is Ken. Mark has the final say so.
> >As soon as I get more proposals, We will formulate a unified list,
> >create a mockup, and the themes will create the theme.
> >
> >There really will not be competing concepts.There are things we are
> >looking for, and things users want, so it is more effective if we work
> >towards one common theme using the guideline/discussion
> >mockup/discussion theme creation work flow.
>
> Sounds good.  Will the Art Team community be privy to critiquing the final
> theme dev process, or will it be Canonical internal?

All final decisions on the default artwork are Canonical internal. I Still
think that several teams could work on themes as they want and (at least) one
team could work on ideas for the default artwork although they need to know
in advance that only some ideas are realizable and the not everything will
get in, perhaps due to something as simple as an opinion.

> One more question: is Intrepid going to integrate a "main panel" look
> instead of the now-traditional three menu system (application, places, and
> system)?  If so, would ideas for its appearance and layout also be
> something up for Art Team design input?

Until now, code-wise and style-wise the same menu system will be used in
intrepid as before.

--
Ken