Hello Ubuntu Artwork Team,

I am a community / hobbyist developer, who has written a plugin for
Rhythmbox called rbpitch. It is not being included in upstream
Rhythmbox, but I have plans to get it one day included in Ubuntu, when
it's ready.

I have developed it using Ubuntu tools, such as Launchpad, Bazaar, and
the Ubuntu Forums for user feedback. The plugin's feature is to allow
near real-time pitch, tempo, and speed shifting in the playing song in
Rhythmbox. It is licensed under the same terms as Rhythmbox.

Here are a few relevant links:

Screenshots:
http://tiyukquellmalz.org/rbpitch-0.13.0.png depicting the
configuration and user interface for rbpitch
http://tiyukquellmalz.org/sean/rb-main.png with a "stock" GTK icon as
a placeholder, where the rbpitch icon shows up on the Rhythmbox
toolbar (see the red rectangle outlining the icon; I edited this in
with GIMP.)

User Feedback: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1303297

Launchpad (code, etc): https://launchpad.net/rbpitch

I am writing to the Artwork team to ask for someone to design for me
an icon to go on the Rhythmbox toolbar. My only requirement is that it
be a distinctive icon. By distinctive, I mean, that it would be
difficult to mistake the icon for another icon that is already used on
the Ubuntu desktop. The reason why I want a custom icon is that the
existing icons that are even remotely relevant, are already used. For
example: icons of a speaker, music note, etc. are already used
somewhere. I don't want to confuse the user. I could probably make a
very bad-looking icon on my own, but artistry is really not my forte;
I am a programmer. :-)

I desire to make rbpitch available across multiple distros, but I've
always considered Ubuntu to be the "showcase" distro of rbpitch: the
one where I develop the code, and the one that (hopefully) will
package it first. So in return for my contributing rbpitch to the
distro, I would be grateful if someone could design an appropriate but
distinct icon for the toolbar.

If you would like to help me, then please reply with any ideas you
have about what the icon would look like. If you are then able to
create an icon, I will most likely accept your first submission if it
is at least decent. My eye for aesthetics is poor, so I will readily
accept something that someone else worked on and thought it was good.

Technical requirements:
1. PNG, XPM or SVG format
2. 32 x 32 pixels if raster (there will never be a need to have a
larger or smaller icon than exactly 32x32)
3. Background should be transparency so that the icon gracefully
"sits" on the background color of the Rhythmbox window
4. Must be licensed under terms allowing royalty-free, non-restricted
distribution in open source software. Example acceptable licenses:
Creative Commons, Artistic, GFDL, GPL
5. Somehow the idea portrayed by the icon should be relevant to some
of the concepts of rbpitch. Here's a concept list, including a brief
list of possible applications:
Concepts: speed, pitch shifting, music, sound
End-User Applications: guitar practice, dance lessons, singing
practice, entertainment, novelty, karaoke, vinyl playback,
transcription, dictation

And last but not least, I would be willing to make a $25 USD donation
to the artist whose icon I accept, as well as a $25 USD donation to
the Free Software Foundation (above and beyond my yearly membership).
PayPal is my preferred payment method.

I am eager to hear your feedback. And please feel free to send me
elsewhere if I have found the wrong list for this request. :-)

Thanks,

Sean