* This is a fix to the supermin package v5.1.14 in Xenial.
* The bug affects supermin versions < v5.1.18 when using a
kernel that is v4.13 or later.
* The bug was caused by an update to the mainline v4.13 kernel
which broke supermin due to the way supermin handled symlinks.
* The bug results in total loss of functionality in supermin
and users of supermin such as guestfish, libguestfs-test-tool,
others. i.e. it is a regression in functionality.
* This bug does not affect Bionic, Artful or Trusty (See Comment #14).
Test Case & Reproduction
* This bug manifests in different ways based on the caller / use case
but is reliable and consistent in its reproduction.
(See description, Comment #12, etc).
* This has been tested successfully on Xenial and shown to fix the
reported and related breakage as listed in this bug.
* The fix for the Xenial version includes a backport of 2 upstream
fixes to the file ext2fs-c.c (the fix for the symlink breakage
is contained in this file). See comment #13.
* A separate PPA test package for Xenial is available to test with
(See comment #13).
* Regression Potential: there might be some bugs in some edge cases
that have not been tested or some environment that is not typical
causing some new issue which might affect the creation of the virtual
appliances and their management/manipulation via tools in the
libguestfs-tools package (e.g. guestfish).
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
libguestfs not work anymore with 4.13.0-26-generic #29~16.04.2-Ubuntu
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list