I remain deeply frustrated about wordpress remaining in Ubuntu.
wordpress is a security risk if it is not updated. Installing the .deb
package prevents it from being automatically updated. Because of a long-
standing Ubuntu diff, someone needs to manually merge wordpress to get
the updates from Debian. This hasn't been done this entire development
cycle, meaning that the package is unsuitable even for use only in
Ubuntu's development release.

Here's reporting about last week's security vulnerability fix:
https://www.heise.de/en/news/WordPress-vulnerability-attacked-hours-after-patch-11466293.html

WordPress receives frequent security fixes.

Since previous comments suggested that I should follow the docs, I
believe wordpress is "generally broken and unusable" in Ubuntu. It is
only suitable for use in an environment that is not directly accessible
to the Internet.

"If it is generally broken and unusable -> file a bug, add a deadline, and if 
not acted upon, remove it."
https://documentation.ubuntu.com/project/maintainers/AA/aa-package-removal/#summarized-flow-of-a-removal-consideration

My previous complaints about wordpress are at LP: #1970440 I'm reopening
this bug since that bug was closed pointing here so it feels like it
might be unwelcome for me to file a new bug.

** Changed in: wordpress (Ubuntu)
       Status: Won't Fix => New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2133938

Title:
  Remove asterisk/mediawiki/worpress from Ubuntu release as they are/get
  old

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/asterisk/+bug/2133938/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to