(In reply to Ramil from comment #205)
> Hi! I’d like to help with restoring window positions on Wayland, possibly
> starting with a specific KDE application or a missing piece in the shared
> libraries.
> 
> Is anyone already working on this? What would be a useful area to focus on
> without duplicating ongoing work? My scope would be window placement, size,
> and virtual desktop assignment, rather than restoring application contents.

Other than "session-restore-compatible apps" in the title I really miss
my apps opening where I last had them, and in Plasma 5 I loved that
feature, and want it back a lot!

I use quite a few desktops and apps, graphics, CAD, Office, Make
documents... and most others I have placed best for my workflow, and
when they open where I need them it makes for smooth sailing!

I really think it can be very similar for others to just open their apps
and get to work, no annoyances.

Maybe this thread is a little old and it needs revisiting, not sure how
this works and what is allowed.

Maybe One of the KDE people can help, and better yet get this rolling:
I'm sure even some of them miss it, and that if it weren't a very hard
nut to crack be back already, and just maybe with recent advancements
that has changed, and it can be done.

So thanks for reminding me Ramil!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/335761

Title:
  Placement policy 'Remember' by default for all windows

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kubuntu-default-settings/+bug/335761/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to