Although I think the rationale you've presented Matthew makes sense, I
know it confused my friend who recently installed Ubuntu.

1. His friend told him he had to install a bittorent client to download xyz.
2. He saw that gnome-bt was already installed but couldn't find the menu item.
3. He asked me for help.

It didn't occur to him that if he attempted to download a torrent
file, it would auto-magically work for him. Wait... why would anyone
assume that?

Firefox (www.getfirefox.com) -- A browser you can trust