Le 08/11/2011 14:02, Chow Loong Jin a écrit :
So we're booting mono from main as well now?
Hi,

No, for one thing main and supported are different set of sources, we can have things in main which are not officially supported for the LTS. We also didn't take any decision on the topic but if mono is having low traction in the linux desktop world nowadays (it was pointed at UDS that we don't see a lot of new projects using mono since f-spot, banshee and tomboy, most new GNOME projects seems to go for vala rather for example) the cost of supporting it officially for 5 years might be higher than the benefits, it's not a made decision of any sort but a topic to discuss and take in consideration there.

--
Sebastien Bacher