On 12/08/15 07:56, Robert Ancell wrote:
> For us to use GNOME Software we probably want to update to the latest version
> [1]. That's currently blocked because it needs PackageKit 1.0
> [2]. And that's blocked until we get a Click update. If anyone knows more
> migration issues please add information to those bugs. I suspect we
> might also need some work in aptdaemon - please comment if you know.
gnome-software only works with packagekit aptcc backend and not aptdaemon,
which are obviously not co-installable. All of the upstream/debian
work on appstream metadata has been focused on aptcc. Not sure what would be
involved in teaching aptdaemon about appstream metadata, but maybe
at some point it would be better looking into switching over to aptcc which I
believe is used by default in debian these days, and certainly
packagekit seems to be the standard for transactional package systems across
all distro's except ubuntu these days.