Hang on a second,

> This is one of the reason why Linux in general only appeal to geeks,
> and why Windows is still the primary OS of choice for non-geeks.
> Tomboy and F-Spot are two most useful and innovative Linux applications
> in the desktop, removing them will give non-geeks no reason to switch
> to Linux.

Your saying that computers users have a choice? I never thought they
did, I always thought they were told what to use by their friends,
co-workers and computer support that windows was the only thing going;
not that (as it appears you feel) it's the best thing since sliced
bread.

> This move is headed in a backward direction, and will not provide any solution
> to solve bug #1, piracy, poor software quality and many other
> proprietary-model
> related problems.

We have plenty of great applications, I'd rather see though the base
system solidified with good support for more hardware and more
functional tools than a massive library for two accessory
applications. The only thing you seem to be saying is that any
software not installed by default will never be installed. Well if
this software is as good and popular as you appear to be saying then
people _will_ install it after the fact. Are we building an functional
operating system or pandering to the lowest common denominator?

> Mono, is a direct invitation for Microsoft Windows developers to jump in
> the Linux development scene, to provide more innovations, solutions
> and man-power.

Because microsoft windows developers are so thick that they need the
libraries installed by default? That's not a very good argument for
inclusion by default. We have mono, great. now lets not get carried
away by filling our precious default cd space with it.

Regards, Martin Owens