Dear Ubuntu Maintainers,

I have tried installing ttf-mscorefonts-installer, but it fails every time. It installs, but when I reboot, it alerts me that it needs to download the fonts. I give it permission to install the fonts, but it chokes when it gets to the third font.

I did some research and found some workarounds, but I'd like installation of Microsoft fonts to be as easy as it was in the past. Just a few months ago, I was able to install ttf-mscorefonts-installer, reboot, have it download the fonts, and it would work perfectly. Sure, I could implement one of the solutions I've found online, but I'd really like this problem to be solved so myself and others won't have to implement such solutions in the future.

I know Linux users are expected to use the open-source Liberation fonts instead of the proprietary Microsoft fonts, but I have to be able to work with Windows and Mac users, so it's best to be able to use the exact same fonts. It's also nice to be able to use a font without having to know the name of the FOSS alternative to the font I want to use. I appreciate the ideals and advantages of Free Open Source Software, but I must be practical and so I must use Microsoft's fonts. Sure, there are some lookalike FOSS fonts, but they're not exactly the same.

I'd really appreciate it if you guys fixed this rather irritating issue.

Josh