Hello --

Just a minor issue for me. I prefer to use
/usr/share/applications/libreoffice-startcenter.desktop as my launcher for
LibreOffice. But I have to edit the file to make it able to appear in the
launcher bar. Apparently, somebody had a meeting, and said, "No, we don't
want this launcher to work in Ubuntu. It clutters up the desktop." I
respectfully disagree. I would like this available as an option to the
end-user.

The other day there was a major rollout of LO updates in Hirsute. It
reverted my edits to the file. Please look at the file I have attached. I
have commented out the line that says "NotShowIn: GNOME" and added an
explanatory comment.

Please adopt this change as your default, so it doesn't revert my edits any
more. Not only do I want Ubuntu to "just work," so I don't have to hack
config files, I believe that there are other users who would appreciate
having this option. Besides, you're trying to hide things from a gnome. How
does that even make sense?

Thanks,

Coby