On 2021-03-11 19:52, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
Hi Coby!

On 2021-03-11 18:05, Coburn Ingram wrote:
Just a minor issue for me. I prefer to use
/usr/share/applications/libreoffice-startcenter.desktop as my launcher
for LibreOffice. But I have to edit the file to make it able to appear
in the launcher bar. Apparently, somebody had a meeting, and said, "No,
we don't want this launcher to work in Ubuntu. It clutters up the
desktop." I respectfully disagree. I would like this available as an
option to the end-user.

Personally I agree. I made it a habit to have that launcher in the dock
instead of three app specific ones. But suddenly it refused to show up
in the dock...

The background seems to be <https://launchpad.net/bugs/1696250>. But
there they mostly talk about the number of LO related icons in "Show
Applications". The use case where somebody (like you and me) wants to
have the Startcenter icon in the dock seems not to have been considered

@Olivier: Any chance that hide-startcenter-desktop-file.patch could be
reconsidered?

Maybe it's worth adding that the equivalent Debian bug (<https://bugs.debian.org/883734>) was accepted at first, but the developer changed his mind later.

https://salsa.debian.org/libreoffice-team/libreoffice/libreoffice/-/commit/17459620