On 2021-03-12 18:30, Olivier Tilloy wrote:
Gunnar is right, and this particular problem has demonstrated that
it's hard to find a middle ground that pleases everyone. I'll start by
noting that there's a cleaner workaround that doesn't involve hand
editing the desktop files in /usr/share/applications/: you can instead
copy the desktop file you're interested in to
~/.local/share/applications/ and edit it there. It won't be overridden
with the next package update, and XDG-compliant desktops will prefer
your local version to the system-wide one.
That said, I'm absolutely open to reconsidering that patch. Can we
please move back that discussion to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1696250, to
keep everything in one place ?

Thanks Olivier. I submitted a comment on the bug report and re-opened it.

--
Rgds,

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj