On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
<jonat...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I come across this on a weekly basis and I don't know where it's coming
> from. I have people at work who fix things all the time and upload it to
> PPAs and when I ask them why they don't become MOTU so that they can fix
> it directly in Ubuntu as well, they ask me "But isn't MOTU
> dead/replaced/obsolete now?".
>
> Sure there are package sets / per package uploaders now, but that
> doesn't make people who specifically care about universe any less
> important than they've ever been.

There's still the question of what it'll be after archive reorg (if
any more progress is made on archive reorg, that is). I've heard a few
different potential paths for where MOTU will end up.... combining
with core-dev to do everything that's not in a package set, staying
separate and doing anything unseeded even if it's in a package set...
very confusing.

--
Mackenzie Morgan