On Monday, July 25, 2011 11:34:47 AM Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubu...@kitterman.com>
wrote:
> > I think it's a fair point that UCD is confusing.  What it means is
> > "Ubuntu member that got their membership based on development
> > contribution and not some other kind".  Do we really need a different
> > name for this?  It might be more clear to just have the DMB grant Ubuntu
> > membership by name rather than have a separate name/team that doesn't
> > actually mean anything different.
>
> There is only one difference between UCD and any other Ubuntu Member:
> UCD can vote in new-DMB elections and in theory vote if there's ever a
> technical decision put to a vote, which I don't think there has been
> since I became a MOTU.

Do they?  I'm having trouble finding documentation on this.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-
December/000659.html says ubuntu-dev (which UCD are not part of) and I think
that's correct.  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard does not
discuss how the DMB is formed (perhaps it should).

Scott K