Does this happen with all the VCDs you use or only with this one?
If its the latter, your CD is probably dying...

Hi

Have been having some problems playing VCD's

the actual movie files are typically AVSEQ01***.DAT which show up as AVI
videos on Ubuntu.

First I can't play it - get an error message saying

*Could Not play vcd:///media/dvdrecorder*

*"There is no input plugin to handle the location of this movie"*

Then when I try to copy i get the following message

Error "I/O error" while copying /media/dvdrecorder/mpegav/avseq01.dat

***
The file does play (after i copied it using windows) and renaming the
file with an mpeg extension.

***
Would like some advice on what the problem might be and what can be done

thanks

regards
ram

Nirbheek Chauhan