On 17.06.2010 23:11, Soren Hansen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 03:28:26PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> This is pretty close to the UDS discussion. A number of Kubuntu people
>> wanted a separate package set because, specifically, of people who
>> focused on these packages getting deferred from MOTU because the had
>> worked too much on KDE stuff.
>
> Like Michael, I'd like to hear more about this. I don't recall anything
> like this.

Same here.

A possible problem that might arise in terms of upload rights is that a
certain kde package is not in the kubuntu packageset, but that a person
interested in kde/qt does not have a broad enough interest in everything
else that MOTU is appropriate for them. This might also be true for
server of gnome desktop people. Maybe this should be brought up with the
TB or DMB?

> Let me just for the record say that I maintain that what Fabrice did and
> said was a friendly and helpful piece of advice. shadeslayer asked about
> a mentor for his path towards MOTU. Shortly thereafter, he mentions that
> he's been working on a qt package at which point Fabrice lets him know
> there are other fora available for people focused on those things.
> Seeing as he's looking for a mentor and apparantly has an interest in
> qt/kde stuff, it seems helpful to me to tell him that the folks who
> focus on that hang out elsewhere.

I have worked with Fabrice before and I'm sorry for him to be center of
the discussion right now, I'm convinced he didn't want to push somebody
away.

It seems like there's more general things that should be discussed and
maybe fixed, but that's not what happens in the thread. Can we please
discuss more general problems and try to fix them please?

Do we think it's unclear which discussion should/could happen in
#ubuntu-motu vs #kubuntu-devel, #ubuntu-server, #ubuntu-desktop, etc.?
Should we try to harmonise various initiatives that are happening in
parallel?

How can we bridge this perceived gap somehow?

Have a great day,
 Daniel