On 17.06.2010 21:28, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Several people, myself included, argued against this since if we fragment
> Universe too much, the potential set of MOTU recruits will narrow
> significantly. We decided that it was perfectly OK for potential MOTU to be
> somewhat focused as long as they were well integrated with the MOTU
> community.

Was this a problem recently? If so, we're discussing it on the wrong
mailing list. The TB and DMB should be involved and try to modify their
best-practices in that regard to make it easier for people to join in in
their preferred field.

This is a problem that will exist for Kubuntu, Desktop, Server and other
people and will surely occur again. Packagesets are still quite new and
we're learning how to use them. While this maybe a setback for some for
a certain while, we can fix these problems, we just need to bring it up
with the DMB/TB.

Have a great day,
 Daniel