From: Steve Langasek
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2022 12:54 AM
To: Erich Eickmeyer
Cc: ubuntu-release@lists.ubuntu.com; itzswirlz2...@outlook.com
Subject: Re: Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix packages

Hi Erich,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2022 at 09:26:16AM -0700, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-07-23 at 07:46 -0700, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
> > There is also an ubuntucinnamon-meta package which Joshua has been
> > creating manually, but I suspect this should be uploaded later after
> > germinate seed has been created.

> I stand corrected, he's using germinate to create the meta. It'll be
> easy to transition to a proper seed once the flavor is official.

This needs to happen *before* the flavor is recognized as official.

- There is an ubuntucinnamon-meta package, but it's not been in the archive
  until 16 hours ago.  So, never been in any Ubuntu release; and currently
  stuck in -proposed as:

  * ubuntucinnamon-meta (- to 22.07)
    Migration status for ubuntucinnamon-meta (- to 22.07): BLOCKED:
Rejected/violates migration policy/introduces a regression
    Issues preventing migration:
    ubuntucinnamon-desktop/amd64 has unsatisfiable dependency
    ubuntucinnamon-desktop/ppc64el has unsatisfiable dependency
    ubuntucinnamon-desktop/s390x has unsatisfiable dependency

- The source package points to github for its seed.  This needs to be hosted
  on Launchpad, and owned by a team of which ~ubuntu-core-dev is a member.

- update.cfg in the source package also has a weird mix of impish and jammy
  - and it needs to be kinetic...

> Anyhow, I'm helping him out with my MOTU hat on to get these packages
> sponsored and uploaded so that he can *finally* apply for official seed
> status. So far, I've been impressed as his packaging has been top-notch
> with just a few lintian issues that I've been helping him clean-up.

> Overall, Ubuntu Cinnamon is of a high-quality that I'd expect of an
> official Ubuntu flavor, and I will be honored to help usher it in to
> becoming one.

> With that, expect a few non-Ubuntu Studio or Kubuntu-related uploads
> coming from me for Archive Admin review as sponsored for this project.

> If any of you have any thoughts on this, let me know, and either myself
> or Joshua will be happy to answer any questions.

Please also double-check the list on
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RecognizedFlavors>.  Having centralized daily
builds is a precondition of being a recognized release flavor, and to turn
those on requires Technical Board approval (not Release Team).  This will
also need to be implemented in livecd-rootfs, so patches welcome.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org