Okay, I need to point out a few things here.  And suggest that we all take a step back and take a deep breath before we have any more responses on here.  (hint: Joshua: take a deep breath)

Note that all statements made by me on this are said with my multiple hats on.  CC, Core Developer, DMB, and Debian Maintainer hats on (I am not a DD in Debian, but I am very familiar with Debian's processes of packaging and adopting packages, and gaining upload rights for various packages). As well as personal (non-hatted) observations.

Message responses are in line below.