On Fri, 22 Apr 2016, Alexandru Băluț wrote:

The latest Nautilus (with Gtk 3.20) works just fine, I set list or icon mode and
the option persists between restarts (killall nautilus).
Imagini inline 1

The problem was not persistance, but that it was only on a per-directory basis rather than global. The latest nautilus I have access to does not have a global settings/preference menu at all. From what I understand, gnome has a setup tool for all of it's gnome tools. This is a fail for my use as it leaves more junk running all the time in the background. I do not want the gnome DE or I would have installed that in the first place. I would like "standalone" applications.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net