thanks for trying out linux, i'm not sure of your urgency (perhaps a
mac would be a better fit for you, web cams are easier to use than
windows).

if you ever would like to try again at a later time, please include
the make/model of the computer and webcam (there maybe specific
drivers involved).

something that always trips me up if this is on a laptop, there might
be a button to turn on the webcam. I have wasted a lot of time hunting
down wireless issues when all i needed to do was turn it on lol.