Nicholas Butler wrote:
> Pete Ryland wrote:
>> Currently, Nik Butler is doing a fantastic job as our interim leader.
>>
>> However, in the spirit of democracy, it has been suggested that this
>> should be confirmed (or denied) by a vote.
>>
>> Might I suggest a deadline of tomorrow evening, Sunday the 5th of
>> November 2006, at 23:00 BST to nominate and second any other
>> contenders[1] so that we can get this over and done with and move on
>> with more important things.
>>
> Seems fair

I'd guess some people may not read the list over the weekend -
announcing a nomination period that only lasts 36 hours doesn't seem
fair. It should be extended at least into midweek, ideally I think
lasting a week.

> Term Limits wise I would suggest Yearly renewal of the position with the
> Vote during each Linux World Expo  ?

I'm not sure what you mean here - do you mean the voting should be done
in person at LWE? If so not everyone can make it to Linux World Expo
every year - it'd probably be helpful to make the poll online.

Dean