Ian wrote:
> You have and its appalling bad taste in my language.

Just to explain for a moment, Ian, why people feel so passionately at
times about top posting in an e-mail list and as a result sometimes we
can end up with situations like this where one person feels "victimised"
or the like...

Imagine yourself as a "Digest" subscriber to the list. You will get one
e-mail daily with all the posts in. Imagine then that there is a big
issue going on and many posts are on one thread. If we take a
conversation thus...

Mike: "Good morning, Bob... lovely day isn't it."
Bob: "Indeed it is. Fancy a pint at lunchtime down the Dog and Duck?"
Mike: "Oh, definitely. What time?"
Bob: "Midday?"
Mike: "Great! Seeya there"

Easy enough isn't it? Right... let's imagine they all top post... what's
the digest going to look like?

10:15am [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Good morning, Bob... lovely day isn't it.

10.20am [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike wrote:
 >Good morning, Bob... lovely day isn't it.

10.25am [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oh, definitely. What time?

Bob wrote:
 >Indeed it is. Fancy a pint at lunchtime down the Dog and Duck?
 >
 >Mike wrote:
 >>Good morning, Bob... lovely day isn't it.

10.26am [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Midday?

Mike wrote:
 >Oh, definitely. What time?
 >
 >Bob wrote:
 >>Indeed it is. Fancy a pint at lunchtime down the Dog and Duck?
 >>
 >>Mike wrote:
 >>>Good morning, Bob... lovely day isn't it.

10.28am [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Great, Seeya there!

Bob wrote:
 >Midday?
 >
 >Mike wrote:
 >>Oh, definitely. What time?
 >>
 >>Bob wrote:

...and that was *such* a simple conversation. Imagine a technical
discussion.

Please understand, Ian, nobody is trying to drive anybody else off this
list.

I believe the request to be simply saying *try* to think about making it
easy for the other readers when you post. It literally only takes a few
seconds to snip out the bits you're replying to but it could save those
reading the digest hours when trying to make head or tail of a conversation.

Sean