On 4/19/07, Mark Harrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 It's notoriously difficult to say "my favourite broadband supplier is",
given that most people have experience of at most 2 J I've not been an IT
consultant for a while, but still keep in touch with former clients:

-          Personally, I use Eclipse, because they are able to provide me
with a block of 8 static IP addresses at no extra charge – (subject to my
filling in a RIPE form demonstrating why I need them) – however, they're not
so great I'd recommend them for "normal home use."

-          One of my clients uses Nildram for about 200 home-based
workers, and seems very happy with them.

-          My brother uses TalkTalk and finds them VERY cheap, but has had
reliability problems.

-          Another client uses BT Internet and finds them very good (which
certainly was not the case about 3 years ago!)

I'd suggest a look at www.adslguide.org.uk which is a "rate my supplier"
site and therefore aggregates large numbers of customer experiences.

Over the past six months, Virgin has consistently outperformed Orange….
but Nildram has consistently outperformed Virgin on speed, reliability AND
customer service.

Personally, given the price of them nowadays, I'd always get a router, at
which point it really doesn't matter whether they provide "Windows software"
– if your router can connect, then your linux machines can.

Regards,

Mark