On 04/12/15 15:16, Liam Proven wrote:
> I talked to the Tizen people at LinuxCon Europe in October.>
> It is not as locked-down as all that, not for developers. But bear in
> mind, it's for semi-embedded use, for locked-down single-function or
> narrow-function devices with a rich UI. It's not a desktop distro or
> one for the end-user to get in and customise.

I took a further look this morning. It is impossible (almost) to get Android apps without going via Google Play. In order to use Google Play, you have to give a Google login, and that means a Google account with all the information grabbing they do. The outside sources (Amazon is one), have a very limited range of apps, most of which are not for serious work.

I've looked at both Tizen, and Sailfish
Maybe that's a good reason for Ubuntu's lack of enthusiasm for an Android layer.

Regards,        Barry.
--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/