Hi Sean,

interesting. I have never tried to configure the monitor as this is my
projector display and not my laptop.

This is wierd as the bug you mentioned would suck for laptop / PC use
where you plug in and configure external displays somewhat regularly but
the bug that is the point of this bug report is terrible for anyone
using a projector or LCD display that is attached to a media PC and
switched off fairly regularly.

I guess I'll just continue using my patched version until a suitable
"fixes all bugs" version is written.

Thanks for the explanation for why the patch has not been included yet
b.t.w. It was very informative!

Raj

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Xfce resets TV mode to NULL when power cycled