1) Agreed, I will file another bug report.

2) I did already provide that information to you in the original bug-
report using Vbox Guest Additions (VGA) 5.2.4. It did take a lot of time
to produce it, because the system took 10-60 seconds to react to any
mouse click.

Remember the problem occurs only in Ubuntu Gnome, both in 17.10 and
18.04. I tried 17.10 with VGA 5.1.30, 5.2.4 and 5.2.7. I tried 18.04
with VGA 5.2.4 and 5.2.7.

I can't use 5.2.6 for testing, see the next statement on the Download page of
the Virtualbox website:
Important: The Guest Additions which come with VirtualBox 5.2.6 and 5.1.32 do
not work properly on Linux guests with 3D enabled. Here are updated versions
for 5.2.6 and 5.1.32.
That updated version is VGA 5.2.7.

which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1748729