On Thursday 28 August 2008 09:25:32 Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> Looking at what we have into the nptl branch is useful.
> Walk trough ldso directory and look for USE_TLS to see where you should
> put your hands to add TLS support. Working code is a good guide.
> Feel free to ask for explanation whenever you want... if we can/know, we
> can help.
> Volunteers are always welcome.

Has there been any follow-up on this?

I'm interested in this, because I'm trying to build Linux From Scratch 6.3
under the upcoming Firmware Linux 0.9.1, which means I'm trying to build
glibc under uClibc.  And current versions of glibc won't even cross compile
from a host that doesn't support TLS.  (Yeah, I know it's broken.  It's
maintained by the FSF.)

I can't provide a working uClibc development environment for a target and then
tell people "building glibc, if you want it, is your problem" if I myself
can't make it work.  So I need this.

I note that the original paper on TLS is:

  http://people.redhat.com/drepper/tls.pdf

Which might help...

Rob