On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:13:40 +1300, "Gavin Lambert"
<gav...@compacsort.com> wrote:
>I think this is just more evidence that it's probably using inotify.  It'll
>be doing a single poll on startup (to catch files created while it wasn't
>listening) and then relying on inotify to tell it about additional files
>being created so that it doesn't need to poll the directory.

Unfortunately, I checked how the uClinux kernel was configured for
compiling, and the inotify is indeed selected by default :-/

Linux Kernel Configuration

        File systems
        [*] Inotify file change notification support
                [*]   Inotify support for userspace
        [*] Dnotify support

                Miscellaneous filesystems
                <*> YAFFS2 file system support